We took 4 of our most popular basketball products and bundled them together, and tried to price them at an irresistible number. The result: The Basketball Special for $39.99.
Here’s what you get:
The flagship product is the Youth Basketball Practice Plans. You get complete practice plans, including pre-practice talking points for 30 practices.
What Youth Basketball Coaches are Saying:
“Thanks for the 30 Practice Plans! I coach 5th and 6th grade girls basketball and after winning only 3 games the previous 2 years combined, I began using your structured practice plans each week and now we are now one game away from the league championship!”
JV Coach Assumption School, Ansonia, CT
A special offer for youth basketball coaches: If you’re coaching your daughter’s or son’s basketball team this year, we have a complete solution for you. It is a season’s worth of basketball practice plans. It will make your coaching job easier and more rewarding. The core part of the program is 30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans.
This season, you’re hoping that your players will learn and play to the best of their abilities, parents will enjoy watching the action, and everyone will have fun. To make the most of the coaching opportunity, it makes sense to you that you need to have a plan. You’ll need an overall plan. You’ll also need ndividual plans for each practice.
The plan needs to address:
- What to coach and when? You need to have a plan for what basketball skills should be taught at the first practice and in the early part of the season. You’ll also need to know what can wait until later practices.
- Fundamentals. You need to coach strategies, tactics and skills that players can carry with them to future teams. You don’t need intricate plays that players may never use again. Solid man-to-man defense, the pick-and-roll, rebounding and give-and-go are skills that teams execute at every level. This is what you need.
- How to keep you players engaged throughout the course of a long season and at every practice. How to balance repetition with variety so that kids stay interested.
- Preparing your team for different situations that come up in the course of a game and season. What should players do when they face a zone press? How to inbounds the ball from the sidelines to create a scoring opportunity?
- How to make the most of the 10 minutes before each practice when you take the court. Here’s your opportunity to get to know your players better, pass on some valuable basketball knowledge, and teach some life lessons that players will carry on with them long after their days on the hardwood.
A plan will enable you to enjoy the season more fully as you won’t be panicking on practice day worrying about an agenda for the evening’s session. Parents of players and other coaches will notice that you move through your practices with confidence. You’re prepared with 30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans. You’re organized. It shows. And, perhaps most importantly, your players will be the primary beneficiaries. They’ll learn a lot, play their best ball and love basketball! We have the solution for you: 30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans.
Get instant access to “The Well-Prepared Coach — Youth Basketball Coaching Program.” You’ll receive a full-season’s worth of basketball practice plans — 30 practices in all — complete with practice agendas, drills and teaching points. Each practice session is set for 90 minutes of court time.
Publish Date: July, 2010
This 88 page e-book includes: pre-practice meeting agendas, basketball practice plans, inbounds plays, sideline plays, simple offensive plays, where to go for more ideas, basketball drills, and off-season, driveway workout, and more. See table of contents pages below.
The basketball practice plans include a minute-by-minute breakout of each exercise along with the coaching points you should emphasize for each. The practice plans typically include “Meat” and “Potatoes” sessions for each practice. “Meat” sessions address basketball basics like: man-to-man defense, team defense, rebounding, shooting and more. “Potatoes” sessions include: power lay-ups, moving without the ball, free throw shooting, post offense and more. The appendices include diagrams and graphics to enable you to quickly grasp and explain coaching concepts.
HOW TO USE THE BASKETBALL PRACTICE PLANS. Print the pre-practice plan on one side of an 8.5 x 11″ sheet and the practice plan on the flip side. Either attach the one sheet to a coaching clipboard or fold it and put it in your pocket. It’s advised to review each agenda before the practice, but if you’re running late, you can just grab the sheet and the bag of basketball and be on your way. You’ll be ready to go. Here’s an example of a sideline play diagram in 30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans.
30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans strongly recommends that coaches meet with their players for usually about 10 minutes before court time. The pre-practice meeting has many benefits. First of all, it usually ensures that player are dressed and ready to go when court time is available. But, it’s also the time for a coach to get to know the players better. It gives players some time talk a bit and ask questions.
Coaches can cover important basketball topics, team news and updates and prepare players for what’s going to happen at practice. The extra time provides the coach the opportunity to pass on some important life lessons: the value of hard work, the importance of sportsmanship and the power and magic of teamwork. To make it easier for you to implement pre-practice meetings, 30 pre-practice agendas, with talking points, are also included.
So, here’s what you get in 30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans:
• 30, ninety‐minute practice plans for 4th – 8th grade teams. Exercises, explanations and teaching points.
• 30 agendas and talking points for pre‐court-time meetings. Don’t miss your opportunity to really get to know your players and cover important topics.
• A “Driveway Workout” for your players’ off‐season efforts.
• Proven inbounds plays and sideline plays.
• “The Special Play” — This play results in a surprising number of open lay‐ups in games. In fact, this one play accounted for more than 1/2 of our points in several games! When you have to have a basket at a key point in the game, here’s the ticket.
About the Author
MICHAEL O’HALLORAN has coached his 4 children on 15 different basketball teams. His 5th grade girls’ team won the Minnesota State Championship in 2010. He authored Never Forget They’re Kids — Ideas for Coaching your Daughter’s 4th ‐ 8th Grade Basketball Team and co‐created “The Well‐Prepared Coach™” line of coach handout and award certificate printables. He’s the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.com. Blogs.com selected the site as a “Top 10 Youth Sports Blogs for Parents.” His “Never Forget They’re Kids” approach to coaching sports places an emphasis on learning, having fun, and creating memorable experiences for players.
KEY BENEFITS — 30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans
• A proven winner. The topics covered in these practice plans, and the order in which they’re taught, have led to many a successful season, dozens of tournament trophies and a Minnesota State Championship title.
• A time saver. You’ve heard the expression, “Plan the work, and work the plan.” A big part of your coaching role has been completed for you with this purchase. You won’t have to worry on the ride to the gym about what you’re going to cover with your players at practice as you’ll be organized and prepared.
• A new sense of confidence in your coaching. By having a complete plan in place for every pre-practice meeting and every practice, you’ll be more relaxed and be able to enjoy the process more.
• A more competitive team. With tested strategies that work — including inbound plays, sideline plays and a “Driveway Workout” for off-season development — your team will have the advantage.
• A great experience for your players. Basketball is a fun sport, but even the most dedicated players can get bored or not feel challenged unless the coach keeps them engaged throughout the season. These practice plans will keep your players involved as they improve their games and have a lot of fun in the process.
30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans — A $29.99 Value
EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA • EXTRA
Never Forget They’re Kids — Ideas for Coaching Your Daughter’ 4th-8th Grade Basketball Team
Publish Date: July, 2010
A guide for volunteer basketball coaches — especially those coaching girls in 4th – 8th grades — provides an easy to follow approach to coaching and managing your team.
O’Halloran’s “Never Forget They’re Kids” philosophy places an emphasis on learning, having fun and creating memorable experiences for players.
This basketball coaching book covers important fundamental basketball topics like defensive and offensive skills, rebounding know-how, shooting technique (including the 2 most common shooting flaws for this age group and how to address them), your coaching approach on the bench and practice preparation.
For young basketball players, it’s not all about X’s and O’s. What sets this apart from other basketball coaching books are topics like:
· 30 ideas to keep kids interested in basketball — From a “Rock n’ Roll” practice to a “Slam Dunk Photo Session,” you’ll learn some proven concepts to keep your players engaged during the season. Kids will look forward to practices as much as games.
· A detailed explanation of how to handle your first player meeting and your first parent meeting. A sample introductory email to parents is included.
· An inexpensive and simple way to create a team website and how to use your camcorder to make the most of the basketball season.
· Team nickname ideas and slogan suggestions like “There’s no traffic on the extra mile” and “Teamwork makes the Dream work.”
NOTE: Except for a couple of practice ideas that might not appeal to boys, e.g. “Wacky Hair Day,” the entire book is relevant for boys teams in 4th – 8th grades.
“Keys to My Approach
• Be positive. Kids accomplish the most when they feel confident.
• Breakdown complicated activities into bite-size chunks.
• Encourage a risk-taking environment. The effort needs to be rewarded even if the result is lacking.
• Empower players to think on their own.
• Never forget they’re kids.”
What people are saying about Never Forget They’re Kids
“This is a great book in a lot of ways, the least of which is the basketball stuff, which is pretty helpful by the way and very appropriate for the age level of youth athletes the author is writing about. The best part of this book is the advice the author gives concerning dealing with the parents of the players.
I wish I had a copy of this book when I started coaching all too many years ago. This section of the book alone makes it worth the purchase price to me. It also has good information on organization for a youth sports team as well as positive suggestions for a philosophical approach to coaching young athletes.”
–Kevin Sivils – author of Game Strategy and Tactics for Basketball
KEY BENEFITS — Never Forget They’re Kids — Ideas for Coaching Your Daughter’ 4th-8th Grade Basketball Team
• Increase your basketball coaching knowledge. You’ll learn successful strategies and tactics to use for your team on offense and defense to make your team more competitive.
• Make it fun and engaging for your players. It’s not all about winning for players. Learn 30 different ideas for keeping things interesting for players including a slam dunk photo session and a rock-and-roll practice. Youth basketball should be about learning and having fun. This book will teach you how to teach and have fun along the way.
• Generate enthusiasm from players and their parents. A guide for setting team objectives, running your first meeting with players, and your first meeting with parents. Includes a template for your first email to parents.
• Know what to do from the bench during games. You’ll learn tips on having the right philosophy and mindset as you’re teaching and coaching from the bench during games.
• Create a memorable season for your players. Suggestions on how to create a team website easily, incorporate film sessions for your team and more.
Never Forget They’re Kids — Ideas for Coaching Your Daughter’ 4th-8th Grade Basketball Team — A $19.99 Value
BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS
The Well-Prepared Coach Basketball Award Certificate Printables
Includes 114 basketball certificates to recognize players — both boys and girls — coaches, team parents and more. Designs include: “Coolest Coach,” “Prime Time Player,” “All Universe,” “You’re an All Star,” and “Clutch Player.” It’s a fun way to plus up your season-ending team party. As a coach or team manager, you’ll look polished and well-prepared with these awards.
Customer’s Comments “I’ve frequently created my own certificates to recognize players and the team manager at our season-end wrap-up parties. They were always well-received but I can’t wait to hear the reaction to these awards. They look great and there are lots to choose from; some for boys, some for girls, some for all players and even some for assistant coaches. There’s a big difference between these professional looking award certificates and the ones I prepared. Very cool!”
– Hal Barnes
Includes 57 designs for color printers and the same 57 designs for black ink printers. Print as many of these basketball award certificates as you like on the paper of your choice. Designs are set to work on the standard 8.5″ x 11″ paper size. You can personalize each certificate with players’ names, team names and your personal comments.
KEY BENEFITS — The Well-Prepared Coach — Basketball Award Certificate Printables
• Make your players and team members smile! Kids, and adults for that matter, love to hear words of praise. Here’s a cool way to give your players, assistant coaches and team parents a feel-good boost. Present the certificate and heap on the praise. Your players may never forget it.
• Quick and easy to do. In no time, you’ll have professionally designed certificates that look fantastic.
• Print as many as you like for your team. It’s a great value.
• Choices. 57 different designs to choose from. There’s something for everyone.
• Design that stands out from the crowd. These professionally designed certificates look great on refrigerators, bulletin boards and bedroom walls.
The Well-Prepared Coach — Basketball Award Certificate Printables — A $19.99 Value
BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS • BONUS
The Well-Prepared Coach — Basketball Coach Handout Printables
Print as many as you like. Designs are set to work on standard paper: 8.5″ x 11.” Basketball coaching forms were designed to make your job easier. Coaching forms include: “Player Expectations,” “Parent Expectations,” “Shot Tracker,” “Basketball Homework,” “Basketball Play,” “Treat Sheet, “Emergency Contact Information,” “Practice Plans,” and more.
Customize each form with your own comments, team name and personal info. Print as many as you’d like for your team. It’s a fun way to plus up your team communications. Parents will appreciate being kept in the loop. As a coach or team manager, you’ll be better organized and look polished and well-prepared. Each form can be personalized, either via printer or hand-written notes, with your own personal agenda topics.
KEY BENEFITS — The Well-Prepared Coach — Basketball Coach Handout Printables
• Keep your parents and players in the loop. These coaching forms will make it easy for you to share team information.
• Print as many as you like for your team. Use these forms season after season.
• Great design makes a difference. Players and parents will pay more attention to your communications.
• You’ll look polished and well-prepared. With coaching forms like the “Shot Tracker” and “Basketball Homework,” you’ll not only be working to improve your team, but you’ll look good in the process.
• Quick and easy to do. Create valuable coaching forms in minutes.
The Well-Prepared Coach — Basketball Coach Handout Printables — A $14.99 Value
So here’s what you get:
1.) 30 Youth Basketball Practice Plans — A $34.99 Value
2.) Never Forget They’re Kids — A $19.99 Value
3.) Basketball Award Certificate Printables — A $19.99 Value
4.) Basketball Coach Handout Printables — A $14.99 Value
TOTAL VALUE: $89.96
So, what’s your price?
YOUR PRICE FOR ALL 4 TITLES: $39.99
For only $39.99, you’ll get instant access to these 4 titles. A link will take you to these PDF files where you can save them onto your computer. The PDFs work on both Macs and PCs.
You’ll receive these 4 titles:
- A complete season of practice plans with play
- diagrams and more
- Basketball coaching forms that will make
- you look polished and well prepared
60 Day, No-Risk Guarantee: Order The Well-Prepared Coach — Youth Basketball Coaching Program and if at anytime during the first 60 days, you are not 100% satisfied for whatever reason, send me an email and I’ll refund your money in full.
Click “ADD TO CART” button to pay securely by credit card or PayPal.
Basketball Association Special — a one-year license to use all 4 titles with up to 50 coaches in your club or association — for only $199.99. If you have more than 50 coaches in your association, please contact us for special pricing.
$199 Basketball Association Special
Also coaching baseball? John Blissenbach has authored 25 Youth Baseball Practice Plans. Similar concept, only baseball. Check it out at www.coachingwhiz.com.